Remote patient monitoring (RPM) is a healthcare delivery method that uses digital technologies to monitor and analyze a patient’s vitals and other health data outside of a traditional clinical setting. RPM technology electronically transmits health information between patients and physicians
Any patient with a chronic or acute condition may receive RPM services if the provider prescribes/orders RPM and it is relevant to managing the patient’s condition.
RPM provides a range of benefits such as:
- Helps people maintain good health
- Reduces patient overall healthcare costs
- Reduces the number of hospitalizations
- Reduces the number of readmissions to hospitals and nursing homes
- Reduces the length of hospital stays
- Helps the aging maintain their independence
- Helps the aging and disabled live in their home longer; delaying the move to skilled nursing facilities, or nursing communities.